Sunday, July 1, 2012

Late Night Room Service at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City Times Square

Chicken Quesadillas.
Lime Marinated Shrimp Cocktail.
(photos: TheHopefulTraveler)
Ordering food from a hotel's room service menu is usually seen as an expensive way to eat when traveling. I generally agree with this but there are times the traveler will find once in a while this is probably the most convenient way to enjoy a meal.

After brunch I had back to back plays to see today. Naturally all that running around got to me and I fell asleep upon returning to the hotel after my evening play finished at 8:30pm. When I awoke it was already nearing 11:30pm and I realized I had not had dinner. I honestly did not feel like searching for someplace to eat this late Sunday evening or eating fast food at the nearby McDonald's.

So I picked up the phone and ordered food from the Doubletree's late night menu which lists primarily appetizer items. I ordered the chicken quesadilla ($15; marinated chicken breast, onion and pepper on flour tortillas, served with sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo) and the lime marinated shrimp cocktail ($17; served with virgin bloody mary dipping sauce and salad). Combined with a sparkling water and cola the total with service fees and tip was $56.55. Such is the price of convenience.

I have to admit this meal was way better than the Jambalaya I had the other night at Gingers, the Doubletree Times Square's sole full-service restaurant.

Hours for room service is daily from 6:00am-11:30pm

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...