Monday, May 28, 2012

Dole Plantation: Pineapple Express


This is one of a series of posts about the Dole Plantation visitor attraction.

Because of time I didn't have the chance to ride the Pineapple Express. The two mile train journey takes twenty minutes and is promoted as offering a look at the island's agricultural history. Guests will likely enjoy most the scenic panoramas of Oahu's North Shore.

I did find a YouTube video which is posted below from by an enterpriser visitor to Dole Planation who made a vide ten minute video of the train journey. Based on the video below, I think for my interests it was probably best I didn't get to experience it. Living in Hawaii, it doesn't looks like it will show me something I haven't already seen. Visitors will feel otherwise.

Visit dole-plantation.com for more information. Hours: 9:30am-5pm daily (closed on Christmas Day). Tickets for Pineapple Express: Adults $8; Children (4-12 years old) $6; Kama'aina/Military $7.25; Children under 4 are free when accompanied by an adult.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...