Sunday, January 8, 2012

Aquaphor for Chapped Lips and Dry Skin On-the-Go

I first discovered the healing wonders of Aquaphor during a period when I was prescribed that severe acne drug Accutane. One of the side effects of Accutane is extremely dry and chapped lips. Most of us would think of applying a generous layer of Chapstick. But even applying this product regularly did nothing to stop the irritation of dry lips. But my doctor recommended Aquaphor Healing Ointment and I have been using it ever since long after my treatment with Accutane was complete.

From cold wet days in London to freezing snowy weather in Seattle to the dry heat of Las Vegas, I use Aquaphor as a regular therapy either in the morning or at night when I'm traveling. I found that lips irritated by spicy foods were healed with the use of this product as well. Look for the .35 ounce "healing ointment" travel-friendly size. It should be noted that Aquaphor is "petroleum-jelly" like-feeling compared to Chapstick so only a very tiny amount of the ointment goes a long way.

I have nothing against Chapstick which I still use just as often when I'm not traveling. Also Chapstick has one advantage over Aquaphor and that is cost. For example Walmart.com sells Chapstick singles from 98 cents to $1.80 noting that in-store prices will vary. A Chapstick three-pack is $5-$5.76. Walmart.com sells the two-pack Aquaphor Healing Ointment of .35 oz tubes for $5.27 (a better bargain than the Aquaphor Lip Therapy .35 oz single-pack for $3.97).

For more information visit aquaphorhealing.com.  Aquaphor can be found in most drugstores in the skincare aisle. Aquaphor is part of Eucerin's line of skincare products.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...